Other than Chairperson at Alankar Creation she is Kathak Dancer & Municipal Counselor from BJP.
Get to know us better.
Smt. Sudha Singh
Sudha Singh hails from Uttar Pradesh. Few summers back she came to Mumbai to pursue her dancing career. She is an accomplished kathak dancer. Being an artist, one is bound to have a soft and sensitive heart too. Looking at the less privileged people around, her heart went out to help them. She had only one means to generate funds for carrying out the charity i.e. music dance and art. Keeping charity in mind she started a trust in the name of ALANKAR CREATION PUBLIC CHARITABLE TRUST (NGO) in the year 1992.
She soon thereafter started helping the fellow musicians who were physically unable to earn their livelihood or critically ill by supporting them financially. Keeping charity in mind, she joined BJP in 1998. She is the president of the MAHILA MORCHA, Andheri wing and elected BJP Corporator of ward 67 of municipal corporation of greater Mumbai.
Smt. Sudha Singh has now expanded her area of work by looking after the women empowerment subject and beti bachao and beti padhao movement. Under this scheme she has distributed sewing machines to women of low income slab and also adopted some girl child, to look after their every need. This is specially to stop the rate of female foeticide in India. Before the entire women species gets extinct from India, its high time to look into the ratio of male and female.
Government of India has recognized her trust as An Institute of Arts, Culture and Music, Registered Under Public Trust Act, 1950, Regd .No. F-26190.
Notable Performances India:-
- ITC, Kolkata.
- All India Sangeet Festival, Bihar.
- Lucknow Festival.
- Taj Festival "350th Anniversary of Taj Mahal", Agra.
- Acchan Maharaj Jayanti organised by Kathak Kendra, New Delhi.
Notable Performances Overseas:-
- National Theatre of Caen, France.
- National Theatre of Martinique (Caribbean island, A overseas region of France).
- National Theatre of Guadalupe (Island in Mexico).
- Sudha Singh got first prize in state level competition by Sangeet Natak Academy, U.P.
- She got Gold Medal at Trivendaram Kerla in National youth Festival organised by Indian Government.
- She won an international dance competition organized by Acharya Dev Art Foundation, New York.
- Meera Mahautsav, Lucknow.
- Sanskar Bharti Rashtriy Kala Sangram.
Future Motto of the trust:
Looking at the encouragement of our honorable prime minister, Alankar trust desires to do much more than what it has been doing for the people in need. For that the trust has to become visible to those people who has the resources but do not have the time to work personally for the society. Trust wants to extend their arms for such people. Trust is not able to generate enough funds on its own to go out for the newly set agenda. So it has been decided to tie up with events to generate more funds and then reach out to more people. In last few months, the trust has done two successful programmes and generated some funds with which Alankar Trust has brought one wheel chair, one walking stick and medicines worth 20000 for diabetic patients.
In future we are planning:
1. To upgrade the stitching classes so that the women learners find better avenues to show case their products. The women are allowed to come and stitch clothes by order so that they can earn enough money to buy their own machines. This is how Alankar Trust is trying to empower women.
2. Start classes to educate women and children
3. Distributing sanitary napkins to those women who find it difficult to buy them. In this way we are trying to spread awareness of hygiene among women.
4. Adopt more babies who are being threatened to be abandoned by the parents by taking the charge of their education and medical expenses.
5. To conduct special sessions to identify the hidden talents in the women staying in jhuggis as well as low income group
6. Give financial support to the cancer patients and patients undergoing dialysis. This two disease has outnumbered all the other illness and people need extensive support from the trusts. Alankar trust wants to stand by them by giving them stay at nominal charges, give them medicines for free and help them to get appointments of the doctors so that the patients and their relative do not find the entire process tedious and confusing. We see lots of patient coming from rural area to get treatment in Mumbai and they get tired of the system. We want to develop volunteers who can guide them and make their life little comfortable.
7. Going home to home to find the life of the senior citizens without offending their caretakers. Also visit the old homes and adopt few senior citizens to provide free fruits and medicines till we make our old homes.
In this endeavor we are looking at the corporates to help us in realizing our agendas. With the help of corporate sectors and individual business houses, we want to reach to the maximum number of needy people, rather we call them under privileged people. We dont want to be God to them but a fellow human being who understands their problem and liaison between the well privileged and the under privileged ones.
We will be highly grateful if you agree to our mission with 100% trust and show confidence in our projects by considering us for the charitable funds designed by the corporate houses for charity.